Last modified: May 6, 2020
- Information Collected and Maintained. HANDY collects and maintains personal information that you, our donors, provide to us when you:
- Contact us by phone, email, or email, in person, or via our website: www.handyinc.org
- Register for an event online
- Make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check to the office or via direct deposit
- Navigate through our website
- [OTHER COLLECTION METHOD: From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval.
- Types of Information. HANDY collects and maintains the following types of information about our donors:
- Personal information, including:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit card information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. HANDY does not disclose credit card account information provided by our donors, except for the proper processing of donations.
- Information on events attended and publications received.
- Any other information provided by the donor to HANDY, such as public comments or posts on HANDY’s website.
- Non-personal information that does not personally identify you, including information that is anonymized, aggregated, or publicly available when not combined with non-publicly available information about you.
- Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including information automatically collected through technical methods such as:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit HANDY, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Personal information, including:
- All information about any financial and non-financial transactions between you and HANDY is considered highly confidential and we employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with the HANDY’s board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals [and with any of the HANDY’s parent organizations or subsidiaries] on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
- Use of Personal Information. HANDY collects and maintains personal information to:
- Establish a relationship and communicate with you about HANDY, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
- Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
- Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Plan future fundraising activities and events.
- Analyze giving patterns.
- Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
HANDY uses industry standard safeguards to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. HANDY will not share, sell, or exchange your personal information with any other entity for third-party fundraising or marketing purposes[, except as provided in this Policy or as expressly consented to by you/except with charitable organizations that HANDY believes engage in activities consistent with the mission and beliefs of HANDY.] [To opt out, you may contact HANDY as described in the “Contact Us” section below]. To the extent that a third-party service provider is used to process any donations, the provider is bound by strict confidentiality rules, and your information will only be used to the extent necessary to process the donation.
- Communications. HANDY will from time to time communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning HANDY’s charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. HANDY will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations [without your express consent]. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact HANDY as described in the “Contact Us” section below or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications.
- Records Retention and Destruction. HANDY complies with all Internal Revenue Service, state, and local regulations and HANDY’s internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of donor information collected and maintained by the HANDY.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and request changes to the personal information that HANDY has collected about you by contacting HANDY as described in the “Contact Us” section below. However, please be aware that HANDY may not accommodate a change request that would impact record retention or other operational requirements like remembering email opt-out preferences, violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. Deleting your personal information may also require deleting your user account (if any).
- Children Under the Age of [13/16]. HANDY’s website is not intended for children under [13/16] years of age. No one under age [13/16] may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the website. HANDY does not knowingly collect personal information from children under [13/16]. If you are under [13/16], do not use or provide any information on this website [or] [through any of its features,] [register on the website,] [make any purchases through the website,] [use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website,] [or provide any information about yourself to HANDY, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If HANDY learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under [13/16] without verification of parental consent, HANDY will delete that information. If you believe HANDY might have any information from or about a child under [13/16], please contact HANDY as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Donor Bill of Rights. HANDY subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights as created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Associations for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and the Giving Institute. A copy of the Donor Bill of Rights may be downloaded from HANDY’s website or you may contact HANDY as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Contact Us. To opt out of receiving communications from HANDY, to review the personal information that HANDY has collected about you, [to opt out of the sale or sharing of the personal information as described in Section 2,] or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact HANDY at the below address or email, or submit your request via the HANDY’s “Contact Us Form” on HANDY’s website.
Attn: Kirk Brown, CEO
1717 N. Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311